Thursday, September 2, 2010

53rd year and going strong..

A belated post of Merdeka day.

Watching History Channel @Astro really opened my mind on how our ancestors fight over the country's independence. One of the item that captured my mind is also the racism is nearly invisible at that time. All races are united & none is trying to get this and that , fight over the top position in the governments & etc.. I'm flattered. Unlike now, I can't deny that sometimes I feel a tiny bit of hatred against other races because of their attitude towards other people (other races). Quite sad juz even think of 'kalau la satu hari Melayu hilang di dunia..' I'm over emotional towards this matter by the way..

Knowing that the other side of the world is suffering from a major flood disaster (Pakistan) ;17 million people lost their houses ; juz imagine it's almost like the whole of Malaysia population, Iraq is having war..makes me even feel more grateful to be born, raised and live in Malaysia. Syukur Alhamdulillah

My ever lifetime idol is Tun Mahathir, is also an icon of Malaysia to me..at least, during my time. Hoping there would be another great leader like him in near future for the country. Even though many people say many things about him, I will go ' Hey, he's a human being, he's not a saint' But things that he's done to Malaysia are just indescribable. You look at KLCC, KLIA & Putrajaya , u will remember of him. And many many things. He also said that ' When I look at Putrajaya, I always smile to myself' . Hey, we are proud too!

Here's our photo with Tun, our everlasting idol!

This was taken during Umie Aida & Datuk Paduka Khairudin's wedding


Lastly, I am proud to be Malaysian. Bagi lah dok negara omputih mana-mana pun, I will always miss & love Malaysia

Happy 53rd Merdeka Day Malaysia!

1 comment:

Ernie Khairina said...

' When I look at Putrajaya, I always smile to myself'
- wow i like this one..

iconic!